The Chicago Customs Brokers and Forwarders Association is pleased to announce our annual scholarship program to benefit the employees and immediate families of our regular members or associate members in the Greater Chicago area.
The Chicago Customs Brokers and Forwarders Association would like to recognize excellence in education and encourage continuing studies. Our Scholarship Program is designed toassist deserving students in meeting their educational goals.
Which companies qualify?
- A qualifying Regular or Associate Member company must be in good member standing for the previous 12 months and be physically located in the Chicagoland area.
- A qualifying candidate must be employed at a Member company or an immediate family member of an employee of the qualifying company.
Which applicants qualify?
To qualify for the scholarship, students must meet the following criteria:
- The candidate must be enrolled in a 2-year or 4-year college, university or an accredited junior college program. Qualified high school seniors of the class of 2018, who are enrolled for the fall 2018 term. will also beconsidered. Regrettably, we cannot accept applicants who are working on a postgraduatedegree.
- A minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA (based on a 4.0 scale) is required for college students and high schoolseniors.
- Applicants must be an employee of a member firm, their spouse, their children, or their legalstepchildren who reside within the bounds of metro Chicago. Grandchildren, brothers, sisters and similar relations are not included.
How to apply:
Download the 2018 Scholarship Application including your most recent transcript (or report card for graduating high school seniors) and a personal narrative as detailed on the application.
We welcome your application! Please email the completed application and all other required forms to Scholarship2018@ccbfa.org.The committee will evaluate all applications received on or before April 25,2018. The scholarship awardees will be announced on May 11,2018 Scholarship payments will be made to the educational institution identified on the application. Note that any funds that are not used in the first semester of the 2018 school year must be returned to the association.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at the above email.